Monday, June 20, 2005

Photos from Chris Crites at OKOK

The artist reception for Chris Crites at OKOK this past friday was pretty fun, with plenty of quality conversation happening amidst Chris Crites' brightly colored portraits of 19th century criminals. I gotta give it up to the folks at OK OK for representing with the Red Stripe. I know , It's bad form to talk about the beer selection at an art opening but Yo it's red stripe. Now , don't get me wrong the Art was kicking as well, I especially like Chris' use of old paper bags to paint his pieces on. The creases gave the portraits a weathered feeling that works well with the subject matter. Chris also made some of the coolest plushies I have seen, Who else do you know can snuggle up to an axe killer every night. Don't answer that. If you are up on Capitol Hill I suggest you make it to OK OK to check out this show,
It's much fun and the folks there are definately down for the 206. OKOK is located at 709 Broadway E. Seattle Wa 98102

Cut Kulture United

Cut Kulture United

Cut Kulture United

Cut Kulture United

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home